planet irk
To acess all the features of this forum, please login or register.
planet irk
To acess all the features of this forum, please login or register.
planet irk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Planet Irk how may we help you

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What does the phrase "Red Man, Blue Man" mean?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Invader Zim
Emperor
Emperor
Invader Zim

Characters
Name: Invader Zim
Desc.:
specices: Irken

What does the phrase "Red Man, Blue Man" mean? Empty
PostSubject: What does the phrase "Red Man, Blue Man" mean?   What does the phrase "Red Man, Blue Man" mean? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 10:32 am

What does the phrase "Red Man, Blue Man" mean? Red_an10

This is about two individuals (or occasionally, factions or civilizations) that are significantly linked together somehow (such as through a rivalry, friendship, being siblings, co-workers, competitors, etc.) that have differing personalities and, with it, often different approaches to the world in general, especially whatever they might be competing in/for/over. This, of course, gives them something to butt heads about, since their manner of acting may rub each other the wrong way and each is sure that their way of doing things is right.

By the way, don't get too stuck on the colors in the title. It doesn't mean that a character has to dress in or be associated with a particular color in order to fit the role.

The Red Man is associated with passion, wildness, and defiance. A red man character is often more brawny than brainy, extroverted, enthusiastic, determined, and filled with a zest for life. He is also much more likely to break conventions and rules than his counterpart. Often an Idiot Hero or, in more mature pieces, prone to boasting. If a red man is indeed noticeably intelligent, he will still be much more emotional than the blue man and/or with less sophisticated thoughts, feelings, or goals. When a villain, the red man is often a Blood Knight or a foul tempered character. Generally speaking, they're more people-oriented than goal-oriented. They may or may not shrug off criticism about themselves or their aims and goals, but say or do something nasty to their closest friends and you've just guaranteed yourself a world of pain. They tend to be chaotic but it's not always the case.

The Blue Man is an opposite in most ways — more intellectual, proud, traditional, introverted, and cultured (sometimes more spiritual, although that's not guaranteed). Blue Man personalities are often respected by others, but also likely to puzzle or confound their peers because they are difficult to read and have a mysterious quality to them. Personality subtypes include Stoic, Quiet, or in very rare cases Aloof. It's worth noting that while blue types appear tremendously calm and composed, sometimes, this is just the surface, and scratching that facade may show that they are, if anything, wound far too tight beneath their calm and unemotional appearance. Villainous blue Man tend to be extremely ruthless, ready to do or sacrifice anything (and often anyone) to accomplish their goals.  If a villian they usally are a Knight Templar and Well-Intentioned Extremist.

There are a lot of ways to play their interactions, so sometimes the two are both leads on an equal standing, sometimes the blue is more of The Smart Guy or Number 2 to the red's Hot Blooded lead. The relationship can also vary wildly, as they are just as likely to be close friends as they are to being bitter rivals or enemies. One thing that is sure is that regardless of how big a cast is, when these two are in it, they will be magnetically drawn to each other.

Last edited by Invader Zim on Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://planetirk.forumotion.com
spongebob
Government Concil
Government Concil
spongebob

Characters
Name: spongebob
Desc.:
specices: sea sponge

What does the phrase "Red Man, Blue Man" mean? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What does the phrase "Red Man, Blue Man" mean?   What does the phrase "Red Man, Blue Man" mean? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 5:36 pm

Exclamation I liked this article very much.
The subject matter was neither dark or creepy cheers

I like the distinction you made for the colors that it was not important for them to wear these colors to be red or blue. cheers

The article was good at pointing out the good as well as bad aspects for each character alien -well done.

Lastly, which one are you. I would say i am a blue yet at times or setting i can be red lol! lol!
However i would not or hope not to say anything nasty to a friend or loved one Exclamation
Back to top Go down

What does the phrase "Red Man, Blue Man" mean?
Page 1 of 1