planet irk
To acess all the features of this forum, please login or register.
planet irk
To acess all the features of this forum, please login or register.
planet irk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Planet Irk how may we help you

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What does the phrase "Kawaiiko"?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Invader Zim
Emperor
Emperor
Invader Zim

Characters
Name: Invader Zim
Desc.:
specices: Irken

What does the phrase "Kawaiiko"? Empty
PostSubject: What does the phrase "Kawaiiko"?   What does the phrase "Kawaiiko"? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 6:32 pm

What does the phrase "Kawaiiko"? Ice_cr10

Music for the Article

In Japanese, kawaii means "cute", but the concept has far more overtones than it does in English — and far more power. For many Japanese schoolgirls (and some women), being kawaii is kind of being attractive for Western women: it means that they are desirable, attractive and wanted. It becomes a primary goal in their social lives, and success, as measured in the reactions of their peers, is practically an affirmation of their worth as a female.

As always, whenever there is a goal like this, there is always someone who overdoes it. The kawaiiko (literally "cute child"), or burikko ("fake child" or "pretend(ing) child"), is the case in point. She takes being kawaii to an almost unhealthy extreme by making it the sole focus of her life. In clothing and fashion, this manifests in frilly, flouncy outfits, often with ribbons and lace. In behavior it appears as a tendency to act childishly "young", particularly in speech — she may speak entirely in baby talk, giggle mindlessly, habitually refer to herself in the third person, and/or use nicknames as well as the -chan Honorific for virtually everyone she encounters. In short, the difference between kawaii and kawaiiko is the difference between "cute" and "cutesy". (The difference between kawaiiko and burikko, however, is the difference between "cutesy" and "somebody please SHUT HER UP.")

In some cases, the decision to go kawaiiko is a not a desperate plea for social acceptance but a calculated step intended to further a career goal as an Idol Singer — for which lacy, frilly cutesiness appears to be required by the Japanese music industry.

They can actually turn out evil or at least unstable to the point they are one high school heartbreak from going nuts and attacking someone.
Back to top Go down
https://planetirk.forumotion.com
spongebob
Government Concil
Government Concil
spongebob

Characters
Name: spongebob
Desc.:
specices: sea sponge

What does the phrase "Kawaiiko"? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What does the phrase "Kawaiiko"?   What does the phrase "Kawaiiko"? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 8:51 pm

This was a really interesting article. To my knowledge I do no feel that a in the USA
a difference or label has ever been placed. The characteristic of oh please just sh-t her up was FUNNY.
I laughed out loud .

I can see by the image the examples you gave were really cute. The music was a good complement,

GOOD WORK
Back to top Go down

What does the phrase "Kawaiiko"?
Page 1 of 1