planet irk
To acess all the features of this forum, please login or register.
planet irk
To acess all the features of this forum, please login or register.
planet irk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Planet Irk how may we help you

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is "The Live Action and Animation Effect"?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Invader Zim
Emperor
Emperor
Invader Zim

Characters
Name: Invader Zim
Desc.:
specices: Irken

What is "The Live Action and Animation Effect"? Empty
PostSubject: What is "The Live Action and Animation Effect"?   What is "The Live Action and Animation Effect"? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 1:14 pm

What is "The Live Action and Animation Effect"? Zim_in12

Music for the Article

A special effect intended to show live-action, flesh-and-blood performers interacting with animated (usually ink-and-paint) characters within the context of a work of fiction. If the story is a comedy, and it usually is, the characters tend to be Genre Savvy and recognize each other as belonging to either category. This is one of the oldest special effects in Hollywood (the 1914 animated film, Gertie The Dinosaur, actually had creator Winsor McCay interacting with animated Gertie in real time on a vaudeville stage), and has been done several times with varying degrees of realism, though it was probably perfected by the 1988 Disney / Amblin film, Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

A sub-category of this is any story where cartoon characters are real and exist independently from "real" human beings (which may or may not be set in Toon Town). Since this is such a visual idea, it's not very common in forms of media that lack a visual aspect.

What is "The Live Action and Animation Effect"? Zim_in11

Basically the Animated Characters are people, just like you and me. Sometimes, they exist as a separate and independent species, and sometimes, the place itself transforms humans into Toons. But all details aside, it is a loony sort of place where Cartoon Physics exist.

Eaither way I like this kind of animation

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
https://planetirk.forumotion.com
spongebob
Government Concil
Government Concil
spongebob

Characters
Name: spongebob
Desc.:
specices: sea sponge

What is "The Live Action and Animation Effect"? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is "The Live Action and Animation Effect"?   What is "The Live Action and Animation Effect"? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 7:09 pm

I cant remember the last time I seen who framed Roger Rabbitt-lol
I too like this type of animation. It must be fum to fil cheers cheers

The article was fun to read-

Love the images the look so Cool !!!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers study
Back to top Go down

What is "The Live Action and Animation Effect"?
Page 1 of 1