planet irk
To acess all the features of this forum, please login or register.
planet irk
To acess all the features of this forum, please login or register.
planet irk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Planet Irk how may we help you

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is an "Enemy Civil War"?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Invader Zim
Emperor
Emperor
Invader Zim

Characters
Name: Invader Zim
Desc.:
specices: Irken

What is an "Enemy Civil War"? Empty
PostSubject: What is an "Enemy Civil War"?   What is an "Enemy Civil War"? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 2:25 pm

What is an "Enemy Civil War"? 091

Music to go with the Article

One of the interesting things about The Evil Empire and similar Evil Organizations is how dull they are. Oh, sure, they partake in decadent luxury while oppressing the weak, but all in all it starts to get pretty darn orderly when you get right down to it. Dissent against the Evil Overlord is squashed easily, but no one really disagrees to begin with.

This is usually because an enemy faction is rarely if at all fleshed out, making them appear completely homogeneous, but naturally the more information we get about these guys the more interesting they become. A side effect of this can lead to an Enemy Civil War. Rather than wait for the Big Bad to keel over, one or more factions in the evil empire break off and start fighting the main group for power. Note both villians are Evil. The second group may do such, but it's likelier they'll simply be either slightly less evil than the "loyalists", or at the least more open to an Enemy Alliance with the heroes (or, alternately, they'll be complaining that the Evil Overlord isn't evil enough.) For extra fun, the factions may take turns trying Enemy Alliance.

Speaking of the heroes, they'll be overjoyed at getting a breather or ally against their enemies. Interestingly, though an Enemy Civil War does weaken the bad guys overall, it is not Villain Threat Decay and can in fact forestall it, as bad guy on bad guy action gives the good guys a justified reduced difficulty in upcoming fights.

Talk about crazy, the villians are basically trying to destroy each other and might destroy themselves in the process.

It makes a person wonder how powerful the evil army is when there isn't a civil war.
Back to top Go down
https://planetirk.forumotion.com
spongebob
Government Concil
Government Concil
spongebob

Characters
Name: spongebob
Desc.:
specices: sea sponge

PostSubject: Re: What is an "Enemy Civil War"?   What is an "Enemy Civil War"? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 4:00 pm

Played intro music for steve to hear too. I think it is so cool !!!!!!!!! cheers affraid affraid

I like the description of the enemy civil war. I am watching a show Amish Mafia and the exact thing happenes even today. When underlying feel they deserve more and the Boss does not give them their fair share. They are changing bosses etc.

I like the article very well done study study study cheers

Perhaps you should study anthropolgy the study of people in groups-you are already making good observations on people in different settings study study study study
Back to top Go down
spongebob
Government Concil
Government Concil
spongebob

Characters
Name: spongebob
Desc.:
specices: sea sponge

PostSubject: Re: What is an "Enemy Civil War"?   What is an "Enemy Civil War"? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 4:00 pm

Played intro music for steve to hear too. I think it is so cool !!!!!!!!! cheers affraid affraid

I like the description of the enemy civil war. I am watching a show Amish Mafia and the exact thing happenes even today. When underlying feel they deserve more and the Boss does not give them their fair share. They are changing bosses etc.

I like the article very well done study study study cheers

Perhaps you should study anthropolgy the study of people in groups-you are already making good observations on people in different settings study study study study
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is an "Enemy Civil War"?   What is an "Enemy Civil War"? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is an "Enemy Civil War"?
Page 1 of 1