planet irk
To acess all the features of this forum, please login or register.
planet irk
To acess all the features of this forum, please login or register.
planet irk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Planet Irk how may we help you

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Ring (2002 film)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Invader Zim
Emperor
Emperor
Invader Zim

Characters
Name: Invader Zim
Desc.:
specices: Irken

The Ring (2002 film) Empty
PostSubject: The Ring (2002 film)   The Ring (2002 film) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 3:41 pm

(WARNING THIS IS A HORROR MOVIE)

The film focuses on a mysterious cursed videotape which contains a seemingly random series of disturbing, grainy, black and white images. After watching the tape, the viewer receives a phone call in which a voice condemns the viewer to death in exactly seven days.

As the film opens, two teenage girls Katie Embry and Rebecca 'Becca' Kotler discuss the supposedly cursed tape. Katie reveals that, seven days before, she went to a cabin at Shelter Mountain Inn with friends, where she viewed the video tape. After a series of strange occurrences, involving a television in the house turning itself on, Katie is mysteriously killed while Becca watches, causing her to be institutionalized in a mental hospital.

Katie's aunt, Rachel is a journalist living in Seattle. At Katie's funeral, Rachel's sister discusses the death of her daughter with Rachel and says, "I saw her face", implying that Katie did not die a natural death. Then an extremely disturbing image of the dead girl in a closet is flashed for a few seconds. Rachel's sister also asks her to investigate her daughter's death. Her investigation leads her to the cabin where Katie watched the tape. She finds and watches the tape; the phone rings, and she hears a child's voice say "Seven days." The next day she calls Noah, her ex-boyfriend and the father of her precocious son Aidan, to see the video. He asks her to make a copy for further investigation. Rachel makes the copy, gives it to Noah for investigating, but then takes it home. Aidan watches the copy a few days later.

After viewing the tape, Rachel experiences nightmares, nose bleeds, and surreal situations (when she pauses a section of the tape in which a fly runs across the screen, she is able to pluck it from the monitor). Rachel investigates the images of a woman seen in the tape, leading her to Anna Morgan, who lived on Moesko Island with her husband Richard and daughter. A tragedy befell the Morgan ranch, in which the horses they raised seemed to go mad and kill themselves, supposedly causing Anna to become depressed and reasulted in self murder. Rachel goes to the Morgan house and finds Richard, who refuses to talk about the video or his daughter. A local doctor tells Rachel that Anna could not carry a baby to term and adopted a child named Samara . Anna soon complained of visions that only happened when Samara was around, so both were sent to a mental institution. Noah goes to the institution, finds Anna's file and discovers that a video is missing. Rachel returns to the Morgan house, views the missing video and is confronted by Richard, who says that the girl was evil. He then electrocutes himself in the bathtub, sending Rachel running out of the room screaming.

Noah arrives and, with Rachel, goes to the barn to discover an attic where Samara was kept by her father. Behind the wallpaper they discover an image of a tree seen on the tape, which grows near the Shelter Mountain Inn. At the inn, they discover a well underneath the floor, in which Rachel finds Samara's body, experiencing a vision of how her mother dropped her into it. Rachel notifies the authorities, and Samara is given a proper burial.

Rachel informs Aidan that they will no longer be troubled by Samara. However, Aidan is horrified, telling his mother she had freed her body, and that Samara never sleeps. In his apartment, Noah's TV turns on, revealing an image in which Samara crawls from the well, walks toward the screen and crawls out of the set into the room. Samara stares directly at him, frightening him to death – which Rachel discovers after racing to his apartment. Upon returning to her apartment, Rachel destroys and burns the original tape screaming and asking what Samara wants from her. She soon notices the tape marked "COPY" underneath the couch. Afraid that Aidan will also die, Rachel realizes the only way to escape is to copy the tape and show it to someone else, continuing the cycle. The movie ends with Rachel helping Aidan to copy the tape and put it in a public library.

in my opinion this is a evry dustrubing movie that is the kind that you do not want to watch at night

Last edited by Invader Zim on Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://planetirk.forumotion.com
spongebob
Government Concil
Government Concil
spongebob

Characters
Name: spongebob
Desc.:
specices: sea sponge

PostSubject: Re: The Ring (2002 film)   The Ring (2002 film) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 2:39 pm

I agree affraid
i think i will pass on seeing this movie affraid
Back to top Go down
Invader Zim
Emperor
Emperor
Invader Zim

Characters
Name: Invader Zim
Desc.:
specices: Irken

PostSubject: Re: The Ring (2002 film)   The Ring (2002 film) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 2:42 pm

I dont want to see this eather I only pousted it because I thought the members would like to know my opinion on J-horror films ( the "J " stands for Japanese) and there theams
Back to top Go down
https://planetirk.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ring (2002 film)   The Ring (2002 film) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Ring (2002 film)
Page 1 of 1