planet irk
To acess all the features of this forum, please login or register.
planet irk
To acess all the features of this forum, please login or register.
planet irk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Planet Irk how may we help you

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What does the Phrase "The Nothing After Death" Mean?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Invader Zim
Emperor
Emperor
Invader Zim

Characters
Name: Invader Zim
Desc.:
specices: Irken

What does the Phrase "The Nothing After Death" Mean? Empty
PostSubject: What does the Phrase "The Nothing After Death" Mean?   What does the Phrase "The Nothing After Death" Mean? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 2:52 pm

(NOTE: THIS IS NOT INTENDED TO SCARE OR OFFEND ANYONE)

What does the Phrase "The Nothing After Death" Mean? Nothin10

Music to accompy your through the article

Perhaps even more distressing (or comforting) than Inferno, the Nothingness is an afterlife employed by the Darkest and Edgiest series, where once someone dies, their soul goes to a bleak, featureless Plane of Existence.

This is not to be confused with the idea that there is literally nothing after death: no darkness, no featureless planes, no conscious awareness, or simply a Cessation Of Existence. Some people find that thought comforting; to others, it's even worse.

It's so featureless, in fact, that you can't even tell where the walls, floor, and ceiling end—they all blend seamlessly together under the uniform light, so the chamber looks more like avoid than a room. Sometimes, the only indication that it's not a void is the fact that the characters have something solid to stand on.

One of the most interesting things about this is that contrary to popular belife the Bible promises not eternal hellfire for the most wicked, depraved and unrepentant - it promises a second death, literally an annihilation of the soul in "a fire that will never go out".

This concept is belived by the Shinto people of Japan in a realm known as Yomi.

What does the Phrase "The Nothing After Death" Mean? Farpla10

this is where the dead go to dwell and apparently rot indefinitely. Once one has eaten at the hearth of Yomi it is impossible to return to the land of the living. This realm of the dead seems to have geographical continuity with this world and certainly cannot be thought of as a paradise to which one would aspire, nor can it appropriately be described as Inferno in which one suffers retribution for past deeds; rather, all deceased carry on a gloomy and shadowy existence in perpetuity regardless of their behavior in life. Many scholars believe that the image of Yomi was derived from ancient Japanese tombs in which corpses were left for some time to decompose.

What does the Phrase "The Nothing After Death" Mean? Farpla12

In Shinto, death is associated with pollution and the unclean and a general, barren land of the dead. It's not surprising that the ideals of Buddhism were later woven into something of this, giving a more optimistic depiction.

I seriously don't like this idea

.........I DEFINETLY know what you think of this

.........Right?

What does the Phrase "The Nothing After Death" Mean? 070

Lord Death: Hi guys I'm...................................Bobby? Franky? George? Jokes over where are You?

LATER..............................

What does the Phrase "The Nothing After Death" Mean? 072

Lord Death: Well I can't tell which direction I'm going in so I better take a list of who to visit when I get out of here.

What does the Phrase "The Nothing After Death" Mean? 073
Back to top Go down
https://planetirk.forumotion.com
spongebob
Government Concil
Government Concil
spongebob

Characters
Name: spongebob
Desc.:
specices: sea sponge

What does the Phrase "The Nothing After Death" Mean? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What does the Phrase "The Nothing After Death" Mean?   What does the Phrase "The Nothing After Death" Mean? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 2:05 pm

Very interesting article-who knew so many different views regarding the same topic.

:Like the images and the one with comic relief very funny !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

What does the Phrase "The Nothing After Death" Mean?
Page 1 of 1